Last Update April 2, 2021
AccessLex Institute is committed to providing students and administrators with up-to-date information and resources to help you manage your finances during this unprecedented time.
Resources for Students:
Student Loan Relief Updates
For a comprehensive timeline and FAQ addressing federal student loan relief provided to borrowers during the pandemic, visit the frequently-updated Coronavirus and Forbearance Info for Students, Borrowers, and Parents page at StudentAid.gov.
Read the Latest: The American Rescue Plan Will Deliver Immediate Economic Relief to Families.
The CARES Act
- Read the press release and view this table to see how much each institution will receive.
- Find guidance and resources about the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund here.
- See our talking points that outline the temporary relief for federal student loan borrowers.
- View letters we have sent to Congress advocating for more student support in the next COVID-19 relief package.
AccessLex Institute Law Student Emergency Relief Fund
AccessLex Institute establishes $5 million Law Student Emergency Relief Fund. See the announcement.
AccessLex Live Webinars and One-on-One Coaching
To further support you in making the transition during this time, we have expanded our upcoming live webinar schedule considerably, giving you more opportunities to virtually engage with our Accredited Financial Counselors® (AFC®) and financial aid experts.
We have also expanded our availability for virtual one-on-one financial coaching sessions. Our team of AFCs are standing by to talk with you about the money questions you have. Schedule your free virtual financial coaching session today!
Bar Exam Updates: Keep up-to-date with the NCBE regarding bar exam postponements, changes, and resources.
Law School Admissions Testing
- LSAT: The in-person June International LSAT and in-person July LSAT have been cancelled. LSAT will be offering the online, remotely proctored LSAT-Flex in July for all affected test takers. You can find current announcements here: https://www.lsac.org/update-coronavirus-and-lsat.
- GRE: GRE test centers are closed on a location-by-location basis. Current information for testing in the United States can be found here; information for testing in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the Asia Pacific region can be found here.
Resources for Law School Administrators:
AccessLex Institute is committed to providing our administrators with up-to-date information and resources to assist you during this unprecedented time.
U.S. Department of Education
The U.S. Department of Education has resources for all those involved in education.
- School and School Personnel can find helpful information for elementary, secondary, and post-secondary schools and those who work in schools.
- Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Q&A answers questions regarding emergency relief grant funding made available to schools to assist students facing unexpected costs during the pandemic.
- New Guidance on Professional Judgment encourages schools to reevaluate aid eligibility through the 2021-22 school year, based on documented change in circumstances, such as unemployment.
Distance Learning Resources
- As law schools move to online learning in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, AccessLex has created a page of remote learning tips and resources for teachers and students. Currently available on the ARC – we’ve put them here for your easy access.
COVID-19 Information via Partner Organizations
The Association of American Law Schools: AALS has gathered articles and information related to legal education during the COVID-19 crisis.
ABA: Find all resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic offered by the membership organization, which is the voice in the legal community for career building, advocating, and promoting the legal profession.
CoLAP: The Commission on Lawyer Assistance Programs is available to law students, lawyers, and judges and has mental health resources for the legal profession during the pandemic.
CFPB: The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has resources to help protect your finances during the pandemic.
ETS: Information about the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) and COVID-19.
LSAC: General COVID-19 resources page for law school candidates.
LSAT: LSAC’s specific information on how COVID-19 impacts the law school admissions test.
NALP: The National Association for Law Placement has provided general resources for the public during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Grading Policies: See grading policy changes published by law schools around the country.
NASFAA: This financial aid administrator organization has information, webinars, and podcasts to help financial aid administrators across the country understand the changing landscape of aid during the pandemic as well as detailed information regarding emergency relief funding.