Our Commitment to Your Privacy
AccessLex Institute (“AccessLex” or the “Company”) is a non-profit member organization fostering broad-based access to quality US-based legal education and working to maximize the value and affordability of a US-based law degree through policy advocacy, research, and student-focused initiatives. We value your privacy and are committed to maintaining the security and confidentiality of your information. For example, we do not sell your personal information to unrelated third parties or advertisers. Additionally, any marketing initiatives that we may conduct occasionally, either by ourselves or in concert with our affiliates or business partners, are solely to promote and facilitate the Company’s mission.
Information That We Collect – Information You Provide
AccessLex collects personal information from or about you, and information about your use of the accesslex.org website and related web pages (the “Site”). In particular, we collect personal information from you when you provide it through the Site, including, without limitation, completing online forms or fields and/or contacting us by e-mail, telephone, or any other means. Such information includes, but may not be limited to, your name and contact information, and the name of the educational institution you attend or aspire to attend, if any.
Website Usage Information – IP Addresses and Cookies
As with many other websites, the web servers used to operate the Site may collect certain data pertaining to you and the equipment and communications methods that you use to access the internet and the Site. We may collect general Site usage information, including, but not limited to IP addresses of the devices used to access the Site. We may also collect geotracking information about your location.
In addition, we may retain the content of, and the metadata regarding, any correspondence you may exchange with us, regardless of the mode of communication by which such correspondence was made. This information helps us to improve the Site and the online media, content, materials, opportunities, and services that we feature or describe on the Site, and to more effectively and efficiently respond to both current and future inquiries.
Do Not Track Requests
At this time, the Site does not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "do not track" instructions.
How We Use Your Information
We, along with our business partners and/or affiliates, may use your information to engage in a variety of lawful business activities, including, without limitation:
- Operating the Site, improving Site content and features from time-to-time, and conducting general day-to-day business activities;
- Communicating with you about your account or any services we may be providing to you, or to fulfill your requests;
- Contacting you to respond to your inquiries (e.g., notifying you when you may have won a contest);
- Contacting you to provide you with information about the Company or about our business partners, affiliates, or initiatives designed to further the Company’s mission;
- Communicating with you about products, programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Sending communications to your designated recipients upon your request;
- Preventing fraud or potentially illegal activities (including, without limitation, copyright infringement);
- Providing Site technical support or similar assistance; and
- Aggregating information about you, and others like you, to utilize for analysis/research and similar purposes, consistent with our mission.
If you do not want your information to be used as outlined above, you should not provide us with your information.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may disclose or share your personal information as follows:
- To service providers or affiliates/business partners that we have engaged to perform business-related functions on our behalf. This may include service providers that: (a) conduct research and analytics; (b) create content; (c) provide customer, technical or operational support, including Site support and/or hosting; (d) conduct or support marketing (such as email or advertising platforms); (e) fulfill user requests; (f) administer contests; (g) maintain databases; and (h) otherwise support our Site or Company-provided services.
- In response to court orders, subpoenas, or other legal process, as may be applicable/required;
Aside from information about our affiliates or business partners with whom we work to promote the Company’s mission, we do not host third-party advertising on the Site, and do not share your personal information with any third-party advertisers.
As AccessLex continues to grow, develop its business and promote its mission, it is possible that our corporate structure might change or that we might merge or otherwise combine with, or that the Company, or portions of our business, might be acquired by another company. In any such transactions, customer information generally is, will most probably be, and should be expected to be, one of the transferred business assets.
Third Party Links
The Site may contain links to third party websites as a convenience to provide you with additional information and functionality. By offering hyperlinks to third party websites, AccessLex does not represent or imply that there is any relationship between it and any third party, or that it is endorsing those third parties or their products or services. AccessLex makes no representations about and is not responsible for the privacy policies, if any, of any such third parties.
Although AccessLex uses security measures that comply with federal and other laws to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, no method of electronic transmission or storage is one hundred percent secure. Therefore, your use of the Site, including providing any personal information, is at your own risk and we cannot guarantee that your information will always remain private. You agree that in the event of an unauthorized third-party compromise of our security measures, AccessLex will not be responsible for any ensuing damages, whether actual or hypothetical or consequential, as may result from or relate to such unauthorized access.
How You Can Access or Correct Information/How to Contact Us
Access to certain personal information that is collected from this Site and that we maintain may be available to you. For example, if you created a password-protected account using the Site, you can access that account to review, change, delete or update the information that you provided previously.
You may also send an e-mail or letter to the following e-mail or street address requesting access to or correction of your personal information. Please include your registration information with your request, such as your first name, last name and email address. We may ask that you provide additional information for identity verification purposes, or to verify that you are in possession of the applicable email account.
Attn: Marketing – Site Services
10 North High Street
West Chester, PA 19380
Updates and Effective Date