CHANGE TO TERMS
ACCESS AND USE
In these Terms, “you” refers to an individual accessing the Site, regardless of the particular features, materials, opportunities or services made available on the Site that you choose to browse, use or take advantage of. To the extent applicable, “you” also includes the corporation or other legal entity (“Your Company”), if any, on whose behalf you are accessing the Site. You represent and agree that all information that you provide to AccessLex in connection with your access to and use of the Site is, and shall be true, accurate, and complete to the best of your knowledge, ability, and belief. We reserve the right to terminate these Terms, or to refuse, restrict, or discontinue service or access to the Site (or any portions, components, or features of the Site) to you or any other person or entity, for any reason or for no reason whatsoever, at any time, without notice or liability. Failure to comply with these Terms may, among other things, result in the immediate termination of your access to and use of the Site.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE/PROPRIETARY CONTENT
AccessLex respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects you to do the same. We have expended substantial time, effort and funds to create the Site and to collect and provide the features, materials, opportunities, and services that are available on or through the Site. All contents of the Site, including the design, “look and feel,” layout, graphics, images, logos, icons, software, text or video are the property of AccessLex and are protected by the United States and international copyright, patent and trademark laws. Subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, you may download, reprint or reproduce the information and materials contained in the Site solely for personal or other noncommercial purposes so long as you do not modify the information and you keep intact any copyright notices as they appear in these materials. No portion of the information or materials contained in the Site may be downloaded, reprinted, republished, modified or distributed for commercial purposes without the express written permission of AccessLex.
You agree that you will not use the Site for any unlawful purpose. You further agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or any other automatic or computer-generated device or manual process to monitor or copy the Site pages or content contained herein without the Company’s express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any transaction being conducted on the Site.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE/UNLAWFUL OR IMPROPER USE OR MISUSE
You agree that you will not, and will not knowingly permit others to:
- Use the Site for any unlawful purpose;
- use any robot, spider, scraper or any other automatic or computer-generated device or manual process to monitor or copy the Site pages or content contained herein without the Company’s express written permission;
- use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any transaction being conducted on the Site;
- publish, ship, distribute or disseminate any harmful, infringing, fraudulent, tortious, or unlawful material or information (including any unsolicited commercial communications);
- misrepresent, or in any other way falsely identify, the Company’s identity or affiliation, including through impersonation or altering any technical information in communications using the Site;
- knowingly transmit or upload any material through the Site containing viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other programs with the intent or effect of damaging, destroying, disrupting or otherwise impairing the Company’s, or any of the Company’s service-providers, or any other person’s or entity’s, network, computer system, or other equipment;
- interfere with or disrupt the Site, networks or servers connected to the Site or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks or servers, including unlawful or unauthorized altering of any of the information submitted through the Site;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, other end-users’ computer systems or networks using the Site through any means;
- copy, modify or create derivative works or improvements of any Site content;
- reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, adapt or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the Site, in whole or in part;
- bypass or breach any security device or protection used by the Site, or access or use the Site other than through the use of then valid access credentials;
- remove, delete, alter or obscure any trademarks, Documentation, warranties or disclaimers, or any copyright, trademark, patent or other Intellectual Property Rights notices from the Site; or
- access or use the Site for purposes of the development, provision or use of a competing service or product.
SITE ACCESS SECURITY
If you register on the Site, you will be requested to create a password and username. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account, including the security of your password. You agree that the Company will not be responsible for any ensuing damages, whether actual or hypothetical or consequential, as may result from or relate to any use of your password by a third party, whether authorized or unauthorized.
In the event of any unauthorized use of your password and/or account and any breach of security relating to your use of the Site, you agree to notify us promptly via e-mail at email@example.com.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICE
AccessLex; AccessLex Institute; Strengthening the Promise of Legal Education; Empowering the Next Generation of Lawyers; AccessLex Institute Empowering the Next Generation of Lawyers; AccessLex Center for Legal Education Excellence; AccessLex Center for Education and Financial Capability; Max by AccessLex; Max by AccessLex Strategy Changes Everything; Max Pre-Law by AccessLex; Max Pre-Law by AccessLex Strategy Changes Everything; Analytix by AccessLex; Analytix by AccessLex Actionable Data for Legal Education; Financial Education Resources from a Nonprofit You Can Trust; LawyerMetrix; XploreJD by AccessLex; LexCon by AccessLex; LexCon by AccessLex Student Success. Your Success.; LexScholars by AccessLex; and the AccessLex Institute, Max by AccessLex, Max Pre-Law by AccessLex, XploreJD, Analytix by AccessLex, LexScholars by AccessLex, AccessLex Center for Education and Financial Capability, AccessLex Center for Legal Education Excellence, LexCon by AccessLex, AccessLex Bar Success, Helix, Helix Bar Review and Helix Bar Review by AccessLex logos are trademarks, service marks, and logos of the Company. The Company reserves the right to amend this list of trademarks, service marks and logos at any time. You may not use, copy, display, distribute, modify or reproduce any of the copyrighted materials or trademarks contained in the Site, except as authorized herein.
USERS WITH DISABILITY
If you have a disability and require assistance accessing the Site, please send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to the extent we are reasonably able.
DISCLAIMER, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION
BY USING THE SITE, YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES, AND ANY HYPERLINKS. THE SITE AND ALL CONTENT AND INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. ACCESSLEX IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DELETION OF OR FAILURE TO STORE ANY DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU ON THE SITE. ACCESSLEX MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, NOR DOES IT MAKE ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SERVICE. YOUR NEEDS AND REQUIREMENTS MAY BE DIFFERENT DEPENDING ON YOUR PARTICULAR CIRCUMSTANCES AND ACCESSLEX DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE APPLICABILITY OR ACCURACY OF INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE TO YOUR PARTICULAR CIRCUMSTANCES. THE INFORMATION AND TOOLS MADE AVAILABLE ON THE SITE ARE NOT INTENDED TO PROVIDE FINANCIAL ADVICE. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU SEEK THE ADVICE OF A FINANCIAL ADVISOR WHO CAN REVIEW YOUR PARTICULAR CIRCUMSTANCES AND REQUIREMENTS BEFORE YOU IMPLEMENT ANY FINANCIAL STRATEGY.
ACCESSLEX AND ITS BUSINESS PARTNERS/AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES, CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE AND/OR ANY HYPERLINKS, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES, CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE AND/OR HYPERLINKS IS TO STOP USING THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES, CONTENT OR INFORMATION.
YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS ACCESSLEX, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM AND AGAINST ALL LOSSES, EXPENSES, DAMAGES AND COSTS, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO USE OF THE SITE BY YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON ACCESSING THE SITE USING YOUR NAME AND/OR PASSWORD.
Although AccessLex attempts to ensure the integrity of the Site, AccessLex makes no guarantees as to the accuracy of any of the contents or information, that your access to the Site will be uninterrupted, or that content accessed from the Site or that of any third party sites accessed through a hyperlink on the Site is free of viruses, worms, Trojan Horses or other code with destructive properties.
CONSENT TO APPLICATION OF US LAW
CHOICE OF LAW AND VENUE